Non-profit marketing and communications associate specializing in event planning, community outreach, strategic planning, and creation of promotional materials. Beginning SEO and digital manager.
Skills & Traits:
Self-starter with a strong work ethic, works well both independently and in teams
Detail-oriented with a strong sense of responsibility for and ownership of work projects.
Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Joomla, and WordPress for businesses along with analytic tools: Social Mention, Monitter, Alexa, Compete, Quantcast, Google Analytics, and Technorati
Experience in: Tessitura, Theatre Manager, and CIMS databases, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop
BradsDeals.com Chicago, Illinois
SEO Coordinator (November 2012-Present Full-time)
Brad’s Deals is the country’s largest non-automated coupon/deals site. Deals are hand picked by real people to ensure quality and maximum value
- Monitor Google Analytics for BradsDeals.com and blackfriday.bradsdeals.com
- Write content for bradsdeals.com and other BradsDeals sites
- Prepare monthly SEO Competitive Analysis
- Research opportunities for new stores/partnerships for BradsDeals
- Update and maintain stores and coupons on BradsDeals
- Write BradsDeals guest posts for other sites
- Conducted esearch on BradsDeals mobile app users including writing surveys, and coordinating and co-conducting focus groups.
- Process applications for the BradsDeals scholarship.
- SEO Housekeeping: monitoring for broken links, updating blog archives, writing static content for store pages.
Marketing & SEO Intern (September-November 2012 Full-time)
- Write descriptive copy for stores in the Brad’s Deals database
- Write blog posts for blackfriday.bradsdeals.com
- Research new stores to add to the Brad’s Deals family
- Add new stores and new coupons to bradsdeals.com
- Post Black Friday ads from merchants, maximizing searchability for BradsDeals
Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA) Chicago, Illinois
Marketing & Communications Intern (March 2012-August 2012 Full-time)
- Helped organize the 2012 Governor’s Conference on Affordable Housing at Navy Pier
- Managed sponsor and attendee registrations on RegOnline
- Wrote e-blasts promoting the conference
- Coordinated 35 staff volunteers
- Oversaw day-of event details
- Manageded copy for IHDA.org, maintained the IFPN site, keepyourhomeillinois.org.
- Wrote press releases
- Handled social media for IHDA and the Illinois Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN)
- Performed general administrative duties for the Marketing & Communications Department
Carol Fox and Associates, Chicago, Illinois
Public Relations Intern (January 2012–March 2012 – Part-time)
- Created Publicity Reports detailing media coverage for client performances
- Developed bakery partnerships for American Ballet Theater/Auditorium Theater
- Conducted research on Art Publications for Exposition Chicago
- Researched entertainment websites and publications for new, traveling, clients
- Posted event listings for clients
Bath and Body Works, Orland Park, Illinois
Sales Associate (October 2008 – March 2012– Part-time)
- Assisted customers with product selections, gift ideas and introduce new products.
- Provide da friendly and efficient check-out experience, while suggesting additional relevant purchases and ensuring that the customer gets the best value for their coupons and in-store promotions
- Trained seasonal hires in register use, backroom/stocking procedures, and product knowledge
Invent for Humanity, Chicago, Illinois
Marketing Intern (September 2011– January 2012 – Part-time)
- Wrote fact sheets for press kit
- built an online media kit
- Wrote posts for Invent for Humanity’s WordPress blog
- Updated/maintained social media sites for Invent for Humanity
ComEd, Oak Brook, Illinois
Customer Service Representative (March 2011 – September 2011- Part-time) (July – November 2010 – Full-time, Temp.)
- Created accounts in CIMS marketing software for new customers
- Processed transfers of service for existing customers
- Processed customer payments
- Set up deferred payment arrangements for customers
- Handled calls from customers reporting electric outages
Either Way Works, LLC., Chicago, Illinois
Public Relations Manager (June – October 2009 – Full-time)
- Drafted company copy for fact sheets and mission statement
- Wrote press releases, conducted client interviews, and developed press kits
- Acted as Production Assistant for the filming of a series of short films with “Meet the Parents” creator Greg Glienna
- Implemented a Marketing Plan for the Estate of Richard Jeni
- Conducted a Viral Marketing campaign for the Jewish Community Center of Chicago
Chicago Children’s Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
Special Events Intern (March – June 2009 – Part-time)
- Project managed preparations for the annual Family Jubilee fundraising event.
- Processed ticket orders, donations, and acknowledgments for the Jubilee.
- Acted as staff liaison between guests and volunteers at the Jubilee.
Harris Theater for Music and Dance, Chicago, Illinois
Kemper Marketing Intern (June – August 2008 – Full-time)
- Expanded community outreach and initiated partnerships with local restaurants.
- Researched promotional opportunities and potential group sale targets.
- Drafted a manual of Harris Theater Marketing services to be used by resident companies.
The Chicago Chamber Musicians, Chicago, Illinois
Marketing & Family Concerts Intern (January – August 2007 – Part-time)
- Managed Box OfficeTook subscriptions and maintained subscriber database
- o Researched and contacted potential new subscribers
- o Contacted lapsed subscribers and wrote confirmation letters
- Created the 2007/2008 advertising package
- Researched advertising options for the Composition Competition.
- Prepared for the Family Concerts
- o Project managed concert program and drafted newsletters
- o Organized 15 adult volunteers
- o Researched and contacted 30 local schools about promotional materials for the concerts and coordinated 15 student musicians to perform in between concerts in the lobby.
- Created a collaborative marketing program for music organizations in the area
- Created a detailed report of the Family Concerts to be presented to Target, the sponsor.
Education and Training:
Master of Arts in Public Relations & Advertising
DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, June 2013. GPA 3.905.
- Courses Taken: Public Relations, Advertising, Communication Law & Ethics, Media Planning, “Creating Insights, Influence, and Impressions in Social Media for PR and Advertising”, Advertising Copy Writing, Account Planning, Digital and Social Media for Public Relations, Public Relations and Advertising Management, Media Relations, HTML/CSS, Focus Groups, Research Methods.
Bachelor of Musical Arts
DePauw University, Greencastle Indiana, May 2008
Music Business Major. 3.34 GPA, Studied flute and piccolo
- Senior thesis entitled “Audience Development in Chicago Arts Organizations”
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois June 2009
Received an “A” grade in online course: “Mastering Grant Writing: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal”